a letter to my 21-year-old self

A Letter to my 21-year-old self



Dear 21-year-old self,

I'm writing this letter to you as the world is waiting for the minutes to turn into seconds to celebrate the new year party. So you probably know what your an year-young version is doing. I hope you are all set to give your CAT attempt or any other related exam if you are planning to go abroad. I just wish you all the best, I know you can do this, you have all my heart now. Don't doubt your ability to clear it in the first attempt because with doubt comes the axe that slowly starts cutting all your good traits. Yes, I'm talking about self-confidence, self-love, dedication, determination and everything good about you.

You are preparing for CAT means? you expressed your unwillingness to continue CA. I'm glad that you took a decision about what you thought is good for you. Stay strong dear, because if you take even the slightest of the chances for negative thinking you are gone. I hope you are not allowing any negative thought to occupy your mind space where there must be tricks and solutions for logical reasoning or verbal ability.

The situation now is very bad, and all I could do was to wait for the time to heal and change myself. I'm making myself strong that whatever the situation is I don't want to let it occupy my space which affects my peace of mind. I know it is tough but I'm the toughest. I don't give up easily. Because I don't want to settle for something less for what I dreamt of. I don't want to settles just with the degree. You unlike me should be brave and ready to take the opportunities that come in your way. I can just tell you to hold on and learn to learn things as you grow up, don't bother about where you lack when compared to others. Because you don't know what privileges they had and you don't. Compare yourself with yesterdays you, if you lack somewhere learn. Practice. Work Hard. Things don't come when you sit and wish for them. Move your ass and make an earning.

I just hope mom and dad are happy with your decision and letting you do what you want. Don't ever break their trust. After all this what's gonna happen now about sisters marriage I wish everything will be settled till then. You are strong dear when you read this remember you are strong. You survived sitting maybe 3 years at home with all the drama and taunts that are running like a daily soap. You are a weirdo but don't keep your love for writing and books, stationery and the little things that make you happy away and run in this corporate race.

I want you to be happy. It is not a cakewalk to sit at the edge of the cliff one day as you wish, it takes your hard-earned money to just give you the experience of sitting there. Don't make it an eternal goal because once you achieved it you will lose your interest in doing these mundane things. Just not enjoy the destination, enjoy the journey.

A year and a half from now I want you to set your career. Now, I just want to keep my priority strict and straight.
  1. Career
  2. Career
  3. Career
  4. My mental health
  5. Family
  6. ME
  7. Friends
I just wanna see myself proud for being where I stand then. There is so much to tell you but I just wanna keep to career and goal-oriented because remember? My priority list.

BTW how many books did you read?

Your well-wishing,
20-year-old self

©Sushritha Danturi

Comments

Popular Posts