is it okay to give upon your dreams?

When I was a child, I wanted to become the girl whom the teacher considers as her favourite student. And when I became the teacher's favourite student, I wanted to become someone the whole school looks up to. As I came achieving my dreams, I dreamt of something bigger than before. Something more tougher than the previous one. As I grew older and older. I wanted to become so many things. The student who would represent her school in competitions, to make my parents proud and not to let them down, I wanted to become the teacher I admire. Then I wanted to be good in his subject(science), The professions related to this subjects. As I came out of my school, I desperately wanted to become a Doctor, to be precise a Cardiologist. I dreamt of holding the humans heart in my hand, transplanting it to save the life of a person. I wanted to save lives.



Okay! Hello people,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. So, did you gave a thought to my question in my previous post? (if you didn't read my previous post, the question is, Is it okay to give upon your dreams?) What do you think, Is it okay? If not why? If yes why? Did you ever think there will be barriers coming in your way? Or you thought it was a straight road with full of flowers? What if there comes a huge wall in between you and your dreams? What if the road is full of thorns instead? Would you just give up for the thorns and the walls? Don't you have the capacity to make your way clear? What if it is something bigger than what you thought, which will definitely stop you at the point where you need to turn back?

I asked the same question to one of the people I admire, according to her words 
"If its possible to give up, then it was never really a dream." 
I agree with her words. And also I have a different way of seeing things. What I would say is "It is never really in your hands, though how hard you try for it, in how many ways you try it".
"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck." - Dalai Lama
Why am I telling you all this? to ask you to give up? to ask you to not give up?

NO. To let you know that there comes some situations where you have only option to give up, the reasons may be varied but you should be strong and think of the alternate which gives you a satisfaction equivalent to your dream. Yes, I know, nothing gives you more satisfaction than your dream, and it is okay to find your love in what comes to you than what you run for. 

The life seems as if it has ended, you feel every step after giving up as if you are walking on a burning coal road. The journey further will be difficult, it takes time to get adjusted to this new world of yours. Sometimes you may come across people who didn't gave up on their dreams, you feel pity for yourself for giving up, you regret your decision to give up. You don't understand why you are doing what you are doing. You may fail in this alternate career. People may find you stupid for failing, they may lose hopes on you, they may lose interest in motivating you, encouraging you to move on, move on with this career in hand. Everything seems like you made yourself a good for nothing, you lose the confidence which you had to achieve your dream, you become lazy, you procrastinate, you struggle to adapt, you may go crazy.
"One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change." - Unknown
So what to do? Start small. Start from learning what you need to do in this career, get a clarity of what, why and how. Fake that you are confident. Learn from your mistakes and know things. Don't think about the people around, you always find your family as a support. People may question you, but you are answerable only to you and your family. If you have this thing in your mind, you don't need to find any motivation and inspiration to keep you going. Grow big. Gather everything in your capacity, try everything you can do, everything you think you can give a try. And don't give upon your alternate career/dream too.

Need a continuation to my story in first para? Well, I'm a CA student.
"If you have a heart heartbeat, there's still time for your dreams." - Unknown

Well, people, to read more of me, just follow. To know what new I've posted, do subscribe.

©Sushritha Danturi.

Comments

  1. Well sometimes holding a rope proves to be more painfull rather than letting it go and staying happy . It all depends on a person's perspective and their definition of a dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Hold and suffer or Hold and gain. It depends.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts